Thursday, July 19, 2007

Grass Tears



The Sisyrinchium with tears or jewels on the grass ends.I noticed the sunlight shining through and catching the light.
My RHS course material finally arrived yesterday.It looks sooo complex, and much work to do for me.Its deciding where to start, and how much research to do.The lessons start about seeds, the structure of them.
I want to do it though.I never realised there are practical exams too, oops.I need to find some kindly nursery man or woman somewhere to get the practical skills to go with the academic side.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. :)

2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Hello again and thanks for pointing me to your new posts.
I must say I am thoroughly enjoying seing all the pictures. It is a delight to find someone who loves flowers as much as I do. I have been gardening since I was around five, when I helped my mother plant a Victory garden. I was absolutely thrilled that I could plant a little seed and it would grow into something wonderful. (I still am)
It's interesting to me that I am twice as old as you, (exactly), and some of my ancestors were from England.
I have many of the same flowers that you do, even though we are so far apart.
I also used to work night shift, and didn't like it at all. I'm retired now so can blog all I want. I have to limit my gardening because of arthritis, but still manage to do a lot.
I am adding you to my links and will be back soon.

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Mountain Moma thanks for your comments.I have replied to all of them.I love the sound of a Victory garden, probably around 1945?
Gardening and flowers can link people of all ages (in fact sometimes generations too) and nationalities.From Germany, Sweden,UK,USA,Australia etc.
Glad you keep active in the garden despite the arthritis.I look forward to your visits :)