Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Digging In The Morning


The first garden thing I did this morning after five hours sleep was to dig a big hole in the left hand border. I moved a few plants around to accomodate the new arrival. The Rose bush Lady Emma Hamilton.I added some home made compost and the last compost from my bag to the roots, then watered it in.
The stones were put back on around the rose's heel to keep the weeds out and as an ornamentation.
The Label reads David Austin Roses on one side, and Lady Emma Hamilton on the other.
I will monitor its growing progress on the Blog, hopefully to some beautifully scented flowers in Apricot andCopper.
Next stop is to buy a bin for storing cleared plant and grass debris from the allotment.Its cloudy but dry at the moment, fingers crossed it stays dry.

2 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Looks like it will be a perfect place for a gorgeous rose ! Keep us updated on how it does .. I would love to see those roses !
Joy

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Joy, thanks!I will monitor its progress and hopefully capture the blooms on photograph later in the year.I love David Austin roses.They are all healthy, have great big roots, and are guarantied for two years from sale.Harlow Carrs Rose revolution borders was entirely David Austin roses.They cost more than my nursery bought roses.We'll see how they do in growth and flowering this year!