Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Dente De Lion

Growing yesterday before I accidently trod on it the first Dandelion of the year.Soon all the grass around Wakefield will be ablaze with the Sunrise yellow of this wildflower/weed.It has sultry good looks and if you admire it at close range it is suprisingly complex.What lets it down is its leaves and taproots.
I have two demijohns of Dandelion wine in the cellar from 2006 and 2007.Will 2008 be a good Dandelion wine year?
The title is the French version of its name, the Lions teeth.Its yellow flower head looks like a lions mane to me.
I'm off to do some more allotment preperation.Its sunny but windy.I will top up my Vitamin D levels today :)

2 comments:

Sue Swift said...

I noticed the first dandelions here at the weekend too.

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Sue,Was that in Milan or London?They are blooming all along the grass verges and along the long causeway..
Thanks Nancy,I dont remember what day was sunny after my nights.Hope you get to see a Dandelion soon :)