Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kaleidoscope Blue


From the Harlow Carr Alpine house yesterday two photos of the Blue flowered Gentian.I loved the Kaladeiscope effect down the middle of the flower.It was nice in the morning and raining by lunchtime.I loved exploring the gardens to see what changes have been made.The colours and flowers were there, but not as obvious as a summer visit.
The curator likes to keep visitors guessing what is new.I will pick a bakers dozen (13) from yesterdays photos.
I paid more interest yesterday to the Kitchen garden with its many newly laid raised beds, and funky pergolas between some of the beds.
Enjoy this flower!The alpine house's are always full of beautiful and sometimes strange flowers. A photographing gardeners dream.

2 comments:

Lets Plant said...

Wow, that's a beautiful flower!!

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Lets Plant,I love the colours too on the Gentian!