Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Garden Torch

As I worked yesterday the Rose bud fully opened, revealing the Red Devil Floribunda Rose.It really is as bright as the photo.It looks like an olympic torch glowing in the right border near the Monkshood, Hollyhock, and Nepeta.
I watered the garden yesterday and overnight it rained with more forecast for today.There are flower buds all over the garden.Its starting to fizz ready for summer.
I have Sweet Peas as a posy in a glass of water.They are delicate pastel colours and smell lovely.The trick I read is to keep on cutting them to induce them to flower even more.
It will be a fragrant summer with all the Roses and Sweet Pea's giving their scents.

2 comments:

clairesgarden said...

thats fabulous!! love it!!

David (Snappy) said...

Thank you Claire, you always make me smile :)