Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Garden Jobs And Growth


The left hand border yesterday. There is signs of new growth on many of the plants with new buds formed and leaves growing.
I planted some pass along plant bulbs today, some Red flowering Crocosmia from a man at work.
They had languished in a plastic bag for a month or two. They are in one big pot, and two little pots.
I have been tidying up the house plants and garden today moving the baskets down ready for clearing and replanting. I have trimmed the Rose bushes and took the dead leaves off.
Its too damp to sweep up, but when its dried I will.
The Tulips, Hyacinths, Daffodils, and Crocus are pushing up from the soil. Little green swords are growing slowly from the soil.
I replenished the birds food and changed the water so it was fresh.A few Blue Tits dive bombed in for food, but otherwise it was quiet on the garden birds front.
It was a day for doing garden jobs. I find its easier to do a few every day, rather than trying to do it all in one day.

3 comments:

leatherneckjoe said...

You have a very nice blog. I am also a gardener who happens to sell home and garden products through my web store, www.gardenharvestsupply.com.

I would be interested in talking with you about getting some links from your blog.

Sincerely, Joe Stutzman
Garden Harvest Supply Inc

Anonymous said...

Tired by evening but doesn't it feel good to spruce things up? I did the same thing yesterday and my deck looks so much better.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your garden activities. I am also learning how to do it right and your blog is a perfect guide.