Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Green Sleeves And Leaves


The Alchelimia Molis regrowing with a raindrop caught in the middle of the new leaf.
I have been planting Alium bulbs, sowing seeds for Busy Lizzies, Pansies, and Snapdragons.
The patio by the kitchen door is covered by pots with Eryngiums, Calla, Roses, Honeysuckle from Cats garden, Garlic bulbs, a tree Peony...
Spring must be in the air. I tied the Raspberry canes to the mesh behind the plant.I also trimmed the Butterfly Bush to make it look neater.
All these little jobs help me reacquaint myself with the garden, getting dirt under my fingernails and on my hands.
I listened to music for tired gardeners, a collection of classical music inspired by gardens or by rural scenes.
My favourite at the moment is by the English composer Vaughn Williams Fantasia On Greensleeves.
The flowers, birds, bee's, and gardens have inspired composers over the ages. It was nice listening to it as I did the small garden jobs.

1 comment:

Bren Haas said...

This was a wonderful way to end my day. THank you for these fabulous Tuesday Thoughts.