Friday, April 10, 2009

Mystery Plant


This mystery flower has the look of an Orchid about it. Its growing at the new house under the Crocus stems. A long line of these pale lilac flowers with white centres with black lines.
The leaves are heart shaped and can be seen at the bottom of the photo. Does anyone know what it is?
I have been busy with the allotment, the new garden, and transferring plants from old to new house. We dug over the remaining beds at the Barretts Road allotment. Planted onions, potatoes, and garlic.
I have transferred most of my growhouse/cold frame plants to the big greenhouse.
There are masses of Vegetables and Flowers growing inside now.
I started work yesterday on two raised beds at the back of the new garden. The soil was compacted, full of tree roots and stones. I have seen the wood and the posts needed to construct the beds themselves. Hopefully I will have them made before I go to Cheltenham on Wednesday.
I got some new Strawberry plants too from Pat. They are also in the greenhouse at the moment.
The other thing we bought yesterday were hose pipe connectors to attache the hose to the outside tap, and a rain water divertor for the garage drainpipe. The water but is sat on the stand but it has only rained a little bit.
The other thing the new garden needs is a compost bin, to be able to put back organic matter back into the borders and raised beds. It should create masses of waste to turn into black gold.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a Viola. Not sure of the variety.

Hope that helps!

Ryan

Karen - An Artist's Garden said...

Are they violets? hard to tell the size of them from the picture

Lesley said...

Hi David. Yes I agree, it's a viola.... Heartsease perhaps? It looks like it's tiny, growing in amongst the grass like that. :)