Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rain Drops And Pies

When it rains there is not a lot of gardening to be done. You retreat indoors and either read books or seed catalogues. This is the late Summer when you can begin to harvest edible produce and turn it into something else. Jams, Chutneys, or in my case Apple and Apple/Blackberry Pies.

The first Apple pie smelt so lovely that it was rapidly sliced into pieces and eaten with custard. I made Three Apple Pies with Tom, and one Apple And Blackberry Pie with my home made Shortcrust pastry. These will be frozen and eaten across the winter.
I went to buy the Birds more food. They are eating me out of house and home. I love watching them so I do not mind the cost. Fat Balls, Sunflower hearts, and bird seed mix.
I can eat some Apple pie and custard as I watch the birds. The rain is forecast to continue falling over this bank holiday weekend.

No comments: