Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Biscuit Tin Blues


One of the emerging signs of spring is these Hyacinths growing up from the ground. The Aquilegia Fruit And Nut is also regrowing from the base of the plants.
It rained for my two days off. I have been going through my biscuit tin full of Vegetable seed packets. I never knew I had collected so many packets of seeds!
I have varieties from America, and all the ones that I have bought over the last few years.
I pulled out Pumpkins, Courgettes, Parsnips, and Purple Carrot seeds, two wild flower mixes, My Chilli seeds (including Jalapeno, Habanero, and Scotch Bonnett), and Herb seeds..
I want to grow all my Vegetables from Seeds this year. The only three things not grown for seed are Seed Potatoes, Onion Sets, and Garlic Cloves..
The lengthening days and occasional sunshine inspire you to get outside to see whats growing. Its always good when something has grown a little more. Sowing seeds is part of the cycle of the growing season.
I hope to have a new camera soon to capture the emerging seedlings, plants and flowers of Spring..

No comments: