Monday, March 14, 2011

Inca Gold And Sunshine


Its a beautiful Sunny day here today.I am about to make the new cold frame that we bought the other day. It was a frosty night last night. The garden was covered in ice crystals this morning.
The birds have been busy feeding in the garden. Flocks of Goldfinches have been noisily flying in, chattering to each other all the way.
Talking of which I have now just gone onto Twitter. Another platform for reading my thoughts, between posts on the blog.
I will try to link between the two of them.
http://twitter.com/#!/snappygardener
I am off work for a week on annual leave, and today my Mum is coming to see me and Cat for two nights. We will be going to Nandos tonight for tea, and RHS Harlow Carr tomorrow with her.
The photo is of some Alstromeria that we bought from Asda. I love these Peruvian Lily's with their cheeky tiger striped petals in a variety of colours. We have three bunches in Purple, Lilac, and this pastel Orange in a red glass vase in the front room window.
I went shopping yesterday with Cat to buy some bird food. I bought some new seeds. Sweetcorn, Outdoor Girl Tomatoes, and some more Leeks Musselburgh.
The growing season is beginning in earnest in the Mid March sunshine.

1 comment:

Phillip said...

Yes, you can add a twitter widget to your side bar and we can read your tweets from your blog. I heard twitter described as a micro blog. I think it works great with blogger especially if you sometimes can't post much on the blog.